What does mild disc bulge, eccentric to the left where

Patient

Q: What does mild disc bulge, eccentric to the left where there is small superimposed left foraminal disc herniation, protusion type which comes in close contact with the left l3 nerve root mean

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Your questions is related to know the meaning of the sentence:
mild disc bulge, eccentric to the left where there is small superimposed left foraminal disc herniation, protrusion type which comes in close contact with the left L3 nerve root .
> The meaning is:
In the lower part of the spine the last 5 vertebrae are called Lumbar.
There are openings for allowing the nerves to pass, called as foramina.
In between each vertebra there is a structure which acts as a shock absorber called a disc. Due to pressure on this the part of this disc is pushed behind and will automatically compress on the structures nearby, which in your case is the at the nerve root of Lumbar 3, the L3.
you may have symptoms related to this.
Take an opinion of an Orthopedic Surgeon or a Neurosurgeon for clinical evaluation, actual examination and planning further management.