What does this sound like to you?

Patient : My family has been getting over cold/flu symptoms and I seem to be getting whatever it is now. I have sinus draining, sore throat, and now I am getting stabbing pains in my chest. I am a 26 year old Male, what could this be?
Symptoms:  Coughing, Sinus Draining, Chest Pain
Doctor :   Hello, The symptoms of coughing , sinus draining and chest discomfort indicate that even you seem to have contracted t he infection from your family members. You need to get it differentiated between bacterial and viral infection by visiting a physician and getting a throat swab culture done to isolate the organisms and opt for a directed treatment to cure. In the meantime , you may opt for plain water steam inhalation thrice a day, saline warm water gargles twice a day and take citrus fruits in diet to provide vitamin c which helps fighting infections better. I hope i have answered your query, wishing you good health, regards