Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What does Virginal Introitus mean on a pelvic exam, prior

What does Virginal Introitus mean on a pelvic exam, prior

Patient: What does Virginal Introitus mean on a pelvic exam, prior to a gyne surgery? My medical records does not say vaginal introitus, but Virginal Introitus. My records say, “there is a virginal introitus.” Does this mean the doctor is under the impression I’m a virgin based on the exam or is he basing this by what I told him? What does Virginal Introitus mean for a pelvic exam done in the hospital, prior to a gyne surgery?

Symptoms: There is a raspberry like bump or lump at the entrance of my vagina opening. The bump is a the top wall of the vaginal opening, in the center, and inside the vagina, not outside, but it is right near the vaginal opening.

Doctor: Thank you for the questionI have not heard of the term Virginal introitus before. I think you should confirm what th e Doctor means by this and also get tested for STD at the same time to confirm if you have any disease.I also believe that you have some disease and need an examination for the diagnosis. See a DoctoHope this helps you.

Patient: Could the raspberry like bump or lump at the entrance (inside) the vagina opening be normal rugae or does what I have described about the raspberry like bump or lump, maybe or seem to be a disease or STD? Thank you.