What drug is more effective

Patient

Q: What is more effective 1500 mg of l-arginine daily or 100mg of sildenafil before sexual intercourse

Symptoms:  Maintain a erection
Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

L-arginine tab is not going to give erection after its use as its an enzyme and meant for long term use as supplement during erectile dysfunction treatment. If your concern is immediate use then definitely sildenafil is the preferred drug to be used under prescription.

Its effect may last up to 1-2 hrs and you need to be hydrated well before use to avoid its most common side effect of sustained erection for more than 4 hrs due to clogging of venous blood.
Please use it only after the advise of your primary physician.

Wishing you good health,

Patient: so taking l-arginine does nothing for erectile dysfunction could both be taken together I take 1500mg of l-arginine and the sildenafil is 100mg are they possible to be taken together
Doctor: There are multiple factors which decide erectile dysfunction and there is no definite treatment for the same, so its difficult to advise here. Its how you react to treatment and that can be ascertained only under a physician's supervision.