What effects does having Type II Diabetes and Hypogonadism h

Patient

Q: What effects does having Type II Diabetes and Hypogonadism having on my ability to perform peak levels? My A1C is 7.3 and fasting glucose ranges in the 220's. My testosterone level is 170. My fitness test score (required for my job) have decreased rapidly since 2012. I am currently taking 1000mg of Metformin twice a day of the DMII but nothing for Hypogonadism. My primary care physician states that all I need to do is exercise more and the two conditions will right themselves. My strength components have reduced from 50 pushups and 50 sit-ups in one minute to 39 and 38 respectively--what I feel is loss of muscle. My cardio time has dipped from running 12:16 one and a half miles to 16:00+ for the same distance--what I feel is loss of endurance. Is there a correlation between the two diagnoses or am I just getting old?

Symptoms:  Fatigue
Doctor