What happens if I push ear wax to deep, and

Patient : What happens if I push ear wax to deep, and just leave it there
Doctor :   Hello Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. The wax is a body waste which is supposed to come ou t. If it persists in the ear and is repeatedly pushed inside then there is a possibility of wax getting accumulated. This accumulation can lead to ear blocking, infection or pressure on the ear membrane. This may present with pain in the ear, itching, tinnitus and difficulty in hearing. Ideally the wax should be allowed to come out and if not an ENT specialist can help in getting it removed. Hope this helps, Wish you a good health