Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What incilin can he take until his incilin is available

What incilin can he take until his incilin is available

Patient: Hi my son is 22 years old hes taking humilin70/30 but hes out and his prescription isn’t ready can he take humilog or luntus for now

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.You can’t play with insulin yourself.I would advise in such si tuation to take Only Humilin insulin (30:70) twice a day.The dose would be decided on the basis of her Blood sugar levels.Lantus insulin can be given but dose decision would be based on his blood sugar levels.I would advise you to get her Kidney function tests and HbA1c done.I hope this helps.Stay Healthy.