Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What is a diffused disk? I don’t know what this

What is a diffused disk? I don’t know what this

Patient: What is a diffused disk? I don’t know what this is. Could you explain this to me? I have lower back pain.

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. There are disc (disk) between any of two vertebrae. When there is diffuse bulging out of disc it is called diffuse disk. These bulging cause back pain and neurological symptoms due to pressure over nerve. Its treatment is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen. Mecobalamine is helpful in nerve recovery. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.