Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What is a safe amount of shots of cortisone to

What is a safe amount of shots of cortisone to

Patient: What is a safe amount of shots of cortisone to get within an 8 month period

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and tried to understand what you really want to ask for.I could understand 2 thin gs.If you are needed to take a shot of steroid if you are pregnant, carrying 8 months, steroids are not to be given at all.If you are saying that you are repeating the shot within 8 months the shot of steroid dose will be the same as was given before.The dose also depends the diagnosis, severity of the disease, whether there are associated problems?Please consult your treating Doctor.