What is amitriptyline used for My mom got it for

Q: What is amitriptyline used for. My mom got it for me for some extreme nausea I've been having but I also have some depression issues and when I looked it up on google it told me it was just an antidepressant. Does it help with stomach nausea or is my mom lying to me

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.
Very catchy question.

Apart from all the ethics of the medical practice and the daily occurrence of such incidences (doubting the Moms), it is very true that the position of a Mom for everyone including me and you are far above the God and all; I hope you believe in what I am saying.
Well your query: Amitriptyline is definitely an anti-depressant. But other than this action it has many more indication and it has been successfully used many condition from bed-wetting children to Neuropathic pains. Nausea is one of them.
You have a nausea and also depression; as seen n the practice one of the commonest reasons for nausea is depression, so have a belief and take the tablets, see the result, this will help you and thus Mom has most probably not lied to you.

Have faith.