What is causing my infant's chronic cough?

Q: My question is what could be the culprit for my baby's cough?

She will be 6 months old in a week and she has had a constant cough for about 3 months now (not on and off for 3 months...she's been coughing to some degree everyday for 3 months). It's usually a dry hacking sound (not wet and no phlegm)it sounds nothing like whooping or croup. It generally is worse in the evening and during the night, but sometimes it is nonstop during the day as well. The cough doesn't seem to be causing any distress to her, she's very happy and still sleeps through the night...even during her coughing fits, they don't usually wake her up. We've tried humidifier in her room, vicks on the feet, steamy bathrooms and an elevated mattress. She doesn't appear to have any trouble breathing and I don't hear wheezing at all. She does lightly snore when sleeping, which she has done pretty much since birth. She has seen the doctor several times for this, the first couple of visits they thought it was just a cold and we were told to wait it out. After it didn't go away in a few weeks, doctor then started to treat for reflux first with zantac for a week, which didn't help at all, and now with prevacid...she's been on the prevacid for a week now and last night was the worst night she's ever had with coughing fits...she couldn't go 10 minutes without a fit and this lasted from about 10:30pm until 4:30am.