What is causing the pain in my knees?

Patient

Q: I've been experiencing pain in my knees, especially on the under side. It usually starts to hurt around 4 or 5 in the afternoon, the more walking or standing that day, the more painful is it, and being barefoot makes it worse. By the end of the day, its hurt so much that taking a shower standing up is about a 7 on the pain scale. I started to ride a stationary bike at the gym recently, and that agitates it as well, to the point that the pain continues on in the morning.

Symptoms:  Pain behind the knees, more achy and chronic. Walking around barefoot, and working out hurts more than anything. It feels better when knees are bent, but a dull ache is still present, and stretching them out to full length hurts.
Doctor