Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What is going on with my body?

What is going on with my body?

Patient: Hello,I just started losing weight. I lost 50lbs and currently sit at 411lbs. I’ve been experiencing pain in my chest, head, and leg area and stressing out about sleep because I fear going to sleep and not waking up due to sleep apnea . I have my doctor ordering a C-Pap device and he checked my heart and it was ok. My question is What is going on? Is this part of the process or all in my head?

Symptoms: Headaches, lightheadedness, stomach pain, chest pain, shortness of breath, sleep apnea, leg pain, fatigue, lack of sleep

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.In the age group of 19-25 years, following are the causes of weight loss and other sy mptoms you have mentioned:1. Anxiety2. Hyperthyroidism3. Malabsorption syndromes.4. Insulin dependent diabetes mellitusI would advise you to get following tests done:1. Thyroid profile2. Hemogram3. Anti TTG Antibody4. Fasting blood sugar.Once the reports are available, you would be treated accordingly.Moreover, i don’t find any reason in your case to provide you a CPAP.Probably you have heard him talking for some other person.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.