What is happening?

Patient : This has happened my whole life.... My hands and feet and legs begin to feel large and swollen at random intervals (it used to make me freak out and cry as a child)... Once it sets in, if my legs or hands touch each other or have any amount of pressure applied to them the weird swollen/enlarging feeling intensifies... It's currently happening, and I don't know what sets it off or what is actually happening. Please help?
Symptoms:  There are no visible changes, it's just that my hands (it is pretty much usually only focused on my hands) feel like really strange