What is happening down there?

Patient : Hi, my period is due tomorrow but I started to have very light bleeding 4 days ago it started off brown then stopped for a few hours now it is very very light pink, why could this be?
Symptoms:  Bloating, slight cramping very tired overly emotional
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. The symptoms and the bleeding could be a part of premenstrual syndrome which present with bloating , weakness, mood swings, nausea and mild spotting or brown discharge. This will soon be followed by your cycles.There is nothing to worry. It could also mean that you have got an early period, which was lighter this time , in case you do not get your cycles in a week.Watch your cycles for next 3 months , in that case, any abnormal pattern in bleeding needs evaluation Hope this helped. Regards