What is it called when you have mental break downs

Patient

Q: What is it called when you have mental break downs for weird reasons and everytime it happens you get flashbacks of things that hurt you?

Doctor

You seem to be suffering from a post-traumatic stress disorder superimposed on depression.
You will need to consult a psychiatrist to come to a definitive diagnosis and specific treatment. The other probability could be generalised anxiety disorder, panic attack and mania. You may require counselling sessions, behaviour therapy and drugs like antidepressants, eg SSRIs etc.
Be positive and reduce mental stress. Meditate and try yoga. It will help you.

Hope this helped.