What is my risk for Syphilis, if my boyfriend has it?

Patient : Hey.i m 23 yr old.i noticed a bean like swelling in my labium min0r 3 days back. I ws alright before. Had n0 sexual contact with any0ne exept kissing a VDRL positive bf,he has no symptoms of syphlis though. Its erythymatous with no discharge,no broken skin,mild painful.. Wht can it be? I wonder if its syphlis? Or bartholin cyst? What should i do? I to0k 4 days augmentin bt no improvement.. Please help me out
Doctor :   Syphilis is a venereal disease, a STD ( sexual transmitted disease) caused by infection with a spirochete called:Trepone ma pallidum. It is transmitted by having sexual contact with an infected individual; it can also be acquired via exposure to infected blood. Regardless of the fact that your partner is free from infection or not after his treatment, you may still want to take a test for syphilis just to be safe. You must use condoms until a definite diagnosis has been made. Take care.