What is the average dosage amount of Mifepristone and Misoprostol

Patient

Q: What is the average dosage amount of Mifepristone and Misoprostol taken between weeks 9 and 12 of the pregnancy?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Usually tablets can help in termination of pregnancy till around eight weeks of pregnancy.
After that complete evacuation of products with tablets only may not be possible and D&C may be needed.
Taking tablets for abortion without doctor's consultation and ultrasound can lead to complications.
So, please do consult your doctor, get examined and go for ultrasound.
Ultrasound is needed to confirm the intrauterine pregnancy and to estimate the gestational age, then according to your doctor's advice you can plan further management.

Take care