What is the best way to cure diabetes

Q: What is the best way to cure diabetes

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

The treatment is based on the blood sugar levels, your age, weight and associated complications of diabetes, if any. There are two ways of diabetes management:
1. Lifestyle changes - Includes diabetic diet, daily exercise, cholesterol and weight management.
2. Drug therapy - If blood sugars are so high that they can't be well controlled on dietary measures, the medicines are required. Medicines are again decided based on the blood sugar levels
You should not play with these drugs as this can be harmful. Get them prescribed by a doctor only.
They would start you with an assumed dosage and will modify your medicines based on your blood sugar values.
I would advise you to get following investigations done:
1. HbA1c
2. Fasting lipid profile
3. Serum creatinine
4. Urine for microalbumin.
5. ECG.
Based on the reports you would be started on the treatment.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy