What is the Cause of Absent Ejaculation?

Q: My boyfriend has absent and delayed ejaculation. He has no problem getting an erection and maintaining it but if he does climax it takes a long time to happen. He is taking Lipitor, Lisinopril, Mavik and Gabupentin. What are the causes of this and could his medication be causing this?

A:   There could be many factors that can cause delayed ejaculation. These can be :
i) Psychological, for example anxiety, decreased sleep, performance anxiety, relationship problems.
ii) Diseases like diabetes, high blood pressure, neurological diseases, pelvic surgery.
iii) Drugs : anti-hypertensives, anti-depressants, anti-psychotics
The medication he is taking for hypertension Lipitor and Mavik (ACE Inhibitors) may cause some sexual problems. Your boyfriend may have to see his GP to identify the cause of the delayed ejaculation and treat accordingly. Since your boyfriend is also on Gabapentin, it is important to notice symptoms of depression, as it is one of the side effect of the drug.