What is the cause of Blood in Semen?

Patient : I am 53 and in good health. Two weeks ago I noticed watery blood in my seaman, have not seen it since then. I am uninsured till the middle of December. Am I taking a chance waiting to see a Doctor in three weeks, or should I pay a private doctor now. I will have insurance in about 3 more weeks.
Doctor :   Blood in semen is known as hematospermia and generally causes anxiety in men who experience it. The condition is usually benign and no further workup is required. The most probable cause is inflammation of the seminal vesicles. But in some cases when there is persistent blood in semen further evaluation is needed. Infection of the genito-urinary tract, stones in the prostate or seminal vesicles, trauma and benign or malignant tumors of the prostate all may cause blood in the semen. Every episode of blood in semen needs evaluation and your doctor may advice urinalysis and culture, prostate examination and PSA levels, semen analysis and ultrasound of pelvis and abdomen to confirm the diagnosis.