What is the cause of how I’m feeling?

Patient: Symptoms:anxietyshakyracing heartabdominal pain (occasional)fatiguefrequent urination (drink a lot of water, though)occasional blurred visionan “unwell” feelingI have had panic attacks in the past, but what I’m experiencing lately seems different. I have been a smoker for 10 years, a drinker on and off for 10 years, as well as an alcoholic for the past couple of years. I haven’t had a single drop to drink in 6 weeks, and feel worse now then I ever have. Could it be liver problems? Diabetes? Kidney damage?

Symptoms: Coughing

Doctor: Thank you for your question. The symptoms you are experiencing are more consistent with anxiety rather than a medical pr oblem. Liver damage from your alcohol abuse may have occurred however, further testing needs to be performed in order to determine if this is the case. You will need to go to your doctor to be further examined have a liver function test performed in order to determine if you are suffering from liver damage. Please follow up with your doctor in person.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com