What is the cause of lost weight, discomfort?

Q: Hi, I am 28 yo Male, I was diagnosed by type 1 diabetes ten years ago, I 've been worried because I lost too much weight all of sudden and i am having back ribs pain and abdominal left side discomfort.
I also want to say that I am a light smoker. My Questions:
what I might be having? can you address the issue? and what is your advice for the moment?

Symptoms:  I lost too much weight all of sudden and i am having back ribs pain and abdominal left side discomfort.

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
As far as weight loss is concerned, people living with diabetes type 1 are usually thin and are prone to weight loss. So, you should get your blood sugar tested and well under control.
For back pain and abdominal pain I have following diagnosis for you:
1. Muscular Pain with.
2. Cardiac Chest pain.
3. Acid reflux.
It is important to differentiate between the all as the treatment course is entirely different.
The Muscular chest pain aggravates with movement. It is dull, diffuse and continuous in nature.
However, the Cardiac chest pain is severe and crushing in nature. It increases on activity like walking, exercising. It also radiated to left arm.
In such scenario, i would advise to get an ECG and Chest Xray done. This will give an idea that pain is cardiac in nature or not.
If the ECG and Chest Xray are normal, the pain is probably Muscular or due to Acid reflux.
For acid reflux, i would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone once a day.
I advise following to my patients in case of Muscular pain:
1. To do hot fomentation over the involved area 3-4 times a day.
2. To apply Diclofenac Gel locally over the involved area.
3. To take anti inflammatory and analgesic pain killer like Ibuprofen , Etoricoxib.
On taking this treatment, this usually resolves in 5-7 days.
Share my opinion with your doctor. I am sure he/she will agree to this.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy