What is the difference detween menopause and pregnancy?

Patient: Can menopause and pregnancy occur at the same time. The signs for both are really similar. My mother is 40 yrs and I am seeing sone of these signs happen to her. Is it menopause or pregnancy. Can menopause and pregnancy occur at the same time.

Symptoms: Muscle pain, bloating, fatigue, memory loss, mood swings, and gas

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Menopause is cessation of menstruation and ovulation. So, p regnancy is not possible during menopause.But just before menopause or during perimenopausal period, ovulation is possible and intercourse during that period can lead to pregnancy.If you want to rule out the possibility of pregnancy, let your mother go for urine pregnancy test once.If test gives negative result, let her go for investigations like hemoglobin levels estimation, blood sugar levels, thyroid profile and gonadal hormonal profile, to find out the possible cause of her symptoms.Then plan treatment accordingly with your doctor’s advice.Take care.

Was this answer helpful?

View all posts