Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What is the fastest safest way to lose weight ?

What is the fastest safest way to lose weight ?

Patient: What is the fastest safest way to lose weight ? I wanna lose weight but I have no clue whAt to do. Working out is good but it takes to long to get rid of belly fat. The main thing I wanna lose is belly fat, please help

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.The fastest and the safest way to lose weight is to eat well and exercise. You may not b e doing it right and also please know that you can lose weight quick if you wait and be patient to reach the treshhold where the weight loss starts suddenly.Here are a few tips:Have 7 small meals. Tea with biscuits is a meal as wellGo sugar free. Try to avoid all sugar. No matter how littleHave black coffee which will help boost your metabolism. There are many other foods that do this as wellWork out very hard cardio (do 100 metre sprints 10 times rather than running 1 km slowly.)Get a personal trainer to help you. Or join a group. Try to workout 3 times a week at least and it would be better if you worked out for 5 to 6 times a week.Hope this helps you. All the best.