What is the largest dose of prednisolone you have you

Patient

Q: What is the largest dose of prednisolone you have you have ever heard of a patient receiving in a 24 he time span intravenously?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

The dosing range for prednisolone is from 0.1 to 2 mg per kg per day. If you are 100 kg, the maximum weight IV can be 200 mg per day which is a high dose.

This depends on the clinician experience, patient status, disease type and many other factors. But your Doctor should not cross 2 mg. If he has, then he must have a good reason to do so. And you should trust him or get a 2nd opinion.

Hope this helps you. All the best.