Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What is the prognosis for stage IV pancreatic cancer

What is the prognosis for stage IV pancreatic cancer

Patient: What is the prognosis for stage IV pancreatic cancer that has spread to the liver? Chemotherapy begins next week. If it doesn’t look good, how long? What should we expect? Thank you.

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.The prognosis of stage IV pancreatic cancer is certainly very poor.I is difficult to sa y anything about the duration and what we should expect. This is because every person, every tumor, and response to the treatment is different in every individual.Hence, try the best is the only thing that is in your/our hands.I hope this answers your query.