What is the severity of having a BMI of 157?

Patient

Q: What is the severity of having a BMI of 15.7? I am 19 years old, 5'6", and I weigh 97 pounds.

Doctor

A:   Hi.

I can understand that your BMI of 15.7 is lower than the lowest limit of normal of 1,5 meaning you are underweight.
You need to get your BMI of minimum 18.5.
I think you should consult your Physician first to have clinical evaluation and investigations to find whether there is any factor/disease responsible for low BMI.
If all the factors are normal, then you have to consult a Dietitian to get a diet chart and follow this to get corrected the BMI.
This is possible and not that difficult, barring the genetic factor.

Hope this helps you.