What is the threshold for Adderall's neurotoxicity?

Q: What is the threshold for Adderall's neurotoxicity? It was prescribed to me for the past three years, and I currently take one 30mgXR capsule in the morning with a 20mgIR tablet at the end of the day. Should I be worried about neurotoxicity?

Also, is there a maximum allowable dose? It wears off, and my ADHD symptoms have been starting up before I'm finished with my schoolwork, and I'm not okay with that.

Symptoms:  N/A

A:   Hello
Thanks for using "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query.

Adderall is a good and quiet a safe drug. The prescribing information states that the maximum prescription can be up to 60mg and you are well within the recommended dosage. The dosage that you are taking, these should be no possibility of neurotoxicity.
If the effect of Adderall is not sufficient then you may complement it with other therapies like methylphenidate or bupropion which can also be used for ADD.
Do meet your doctor and discuss these options.

Hope this helps,
Wish you a good health.