What is the tubular taillike thing sticking out of my vagina?

Q: Hi there,

So, I have this thing sticking out of my vagina. It has been there for as long as I can remember. It is somewhat tubular, almost "taillike." Mostly it's soft and just lies there, but when I spread my lips apart it sticks up more. After having sex, it seemed a little bit harder and more noticeable. It really has no sensation unless I really pinch or tug on it. It gets thicker at it's base, which is inside my vagina, and that part is hard. What is it?