Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What is this lump I have in my neck, just

What is this lump I have in my neck, just

Patient: What is this lump I have in my neck, just above my collarbone?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.The most probable reasons for having a lump just above the collar bone are:- Lymph node with a variety of causes for its enlargement.-Sebaceous cystYour giving more information as to the duration, size, pain, tenderness, sudden appearance or slowly progressive nature, would have helped me to give a better clinical diagnosis.I would advise to get this confirmed by the following way:- Ultrasonography-FNAC (Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology)-Clinical evaluation and examination by an ENT Surgeon or a General Surgeon.-Needed tests of blood and urine.These will help us to get a final diagnosis to decide the mode of treatment; whether medical or surgical removal.Removal helps in two ways.1. You get rid of the disease and2. you get a confirmed diagnosis.I hope this answer helps you to get a diagnosis and decision for the further course of treatment.