What is this lump I have in my neck, just

Q: What is this lump I have in my neck, just above my collarbone?

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

The most probable reasons for having a lump just above the collar bone are:
- Lymph node with a variety of causes for its enlargement.
-Sebaceous cyst
Your giving more information as to the duration, size, pain, tenderness, sudden appearance or slowly progressive nature, would have helped me to give a better clinical diagnosis.

I would advise to get this confirmed by the following way:
- Ultrasonography
-FNAC (Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology)
-Clinical evaluation and examination by an ENT Surgeon or a General Surgeon.
-Needed tests of blood and urine.
These will help us to get a final diagnosis to decide the mode of treatment; whether medical or surgical removal.
Removal helps in two ways.
1. You get rid of the disease and
2. you get a confirmed diagnosis.

I hope this answer helps you to get a diagnosis and decision for the further course of treatment.