What is this lump I have in my neck, just

Patient : What is this lump I have in my neck, just above my collarbone?
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. The most probable reasons for having a lump just above the collar bone are: - Lymph node with a variety of causes for its enlargement. -Sebaceous cyst Your giving more information as to the duration, size, pain, tenderness, sudden appearance or slowly progressive nature, would have helped me to give a better clinical diagnosis. I would advise to get this confirmed by the following way: - Ultrasonography -FNAC (Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology) -Clinical evaluation and examination by an ENT Surgeon or a General Surgeon. -Needed tests of blood and urine. These will help us to get a final diagnosis to decide the mode of treatment; whether medical or surgical removal. Removal helps in two ways. 1. You get rid of the disease and 2. you get a confirmed diagnosis. I hope this answer helps you to get a diagnosis and decision for the further course of treatment.