What is this lump on my labia?

Patient

Q: I currently have a lump within the lip of my vagina, it looks and feels like a 'dud' spot that's based underneath the skin. It is only 2-3mm in size. It causes slight discomfort when sat for any length of time. Any ideas what it could be ?

Doctor

A:   It could be a simple inflammation of the superficial vaginal glands which is a benign condition but I still strongly suggest you see a doctor as soon as possible to be sure it is not something else. It will probably resolve on its own but sometimes it gets infected and may need treatment. Various STDs can present in different ways and a doctor needs to see the lump so it can be ruled out. I do hope I have answered your question and take care always.