What is this pink scar after my scab fell off?

Q: Hi I had a pimple and then popped it. Later on it started to peel and then it scabbed up. Days later the scab came off by itself revealing pink skin. Please help.

What is this pink scar afte...-1

A:   Thank you for your question. This pink coloration of your skin that you observed after the scab came off is what is referred to as granulation tissue. Granulation tissue is a normal phenomenon that is observed in wound healing and represents new tissue growth, and formation of new blood vessels supporting the healing of the wound. This coloration will remain for up to two weeks after which you will notice your normal skin pigmentation to return in the area of the wound. Please refrain from picking at the area, and keep it dry.

Thank you for choosing Askthedoctor.com

Patient: Why does it feel scabby ?