What is wrong with my vagina?

Patient : I don't know what is wrong with my vagina. I am 19 years old and for the past two years, I have had endless problems down there. Anything from yeast infections to being diagnosed with folliculitis to a staph infection and other bacterial infections. I keep clean down there, were cotton underwear, use anti-bacterial soap when I shower, and so on. Intercourse has been very difficult for me since I am irritated and dry down there, and it is taking a toll on my relationship, If it's not the outer skin being red and irritated and peeling, it's the inside being red and irritated with abnormal discharge. I currently have a very red and irritated vagina with a watery yet slightly yellow and clumpy discharge. Please help, thanks,
Symptoms:  Vaginal redness, irritation, pain during intercourse
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I am a 57 year old female. I am having vaginal dryness and when I wipe really hard with rough toilet paper I get bri...

Q: My period ended Monday but today I have what feels like menstrual cramps and am very gassy. Could it be ovulation?

Q: Dear doctor. I recently have sex with my girlfriend 3 days ago. my girlfriend is 22 years old and was a virgin. she h...

Q: Have chaffing on labia majore. Very painful. What can I do to treat?

Q: I have some small cuts in between my vagina and rectum. I am sexually active and I want to find a way to reduce the ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon