Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What it is when your lower back start having bad

What it is when your lower back start having bad

Patient: What it is when your lower back start having bad pain .i stop drinking beer for three day and had beer yesterday and to day my lower back was in pain this morning. What could that be

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I do not think that the beer is causing the back pain. This is possibly a soft tissue in jury. You can try RICE regimen to help you with the injury. RICE is:Rest the soft tissue or the part that hurts and avoid strainIce the area and the soft tissue for 15 mins every hourCompress the area by doing a massage or a back braceElevate the back and sleep on your front.All the best.Hope this helps you.