What kind of doctor to see for possible Chondromalacia?

Patient : I have been experiencing dull, achy knee pain that worsens when I am on my feet, and hurts most at night when I rest. Because I am only 18, when I asked doctors they disregarded it without examination and said that it was due to growing pains. It has continued for aprox. six years, so I decided to do my own research. I am thinking that I have Chondromalacia. Everything about it that I have found fits my profile. I dont have any severe pain unless I am on my feet for a very long time. Also My ankles and knees pop almost every time I take a step. If it is necessary for me to see a doctor, what kind of doctor should I see?
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: My name is Carlton Jackson. My date of birth is April 3, 1955. In the spring of 1973 I hyperextended my left knee w...

Q: I ama 68 year old female who has been very active. Have not been exercising during last month due to cataract surger...

Q: My daughter was playing volleyball and dove/slide in for the ball. She said it hurt her right knee. But she was outsi...

Q: My knee is severely swollen (size of a grapefruit). I had an xray which was normal. It hurts a ton on the inside of m...

Q: When i went up the stairs i got knee pain as if its twisting on the inside. INtense pain for at least 5 minutes cant ...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon