What kind of dr do I need My symptoms are

Q: What kind of dr do I need. My symptoms are loss of right side peripheral vision. Extreme migranes, unsteady gait and some confusion. Keep walking into walls.

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you on this medical platform.

It seems that you are suffering from Migraine Headaches, you should be started on medicines for the prophylaxis of migraine. You have not mentioned the pattern of your headache, as you have to be sure that the headache is due to Migraine. So, i will brief you about the pattern of Migraine headaches. Migraine headaches are usually unilateral, associated with throbbing, vomiting sensations, irritability, intolerance to lights and sounds. A person who has migraine wants to sit in dark and doesn't like any one to speak to anyone or talk.

So, if you have these symptoms then probably you have Migraine. Migraine headaches are precipitated by light, sounds, sleep deprivation, illness, medicines.
Now the transient loss of vision of right eye is mostly a symptom of Migraine. This symptom however needs a thought for other organic causes like Transient Ischemic Attacks (TIA) or any space occupying lesion of brain.
So a MRI Brain is indicated to rule out organic causes.

Once we are sure that the person has migraine, we start our patient on Migraine prophylaxis. If you are on Migraine prophylaxis, slowly, your severity and frequency of attacks would reduce and a time will come, when you will have almost no attacks. Drugs are decided based on the frequency, severity of the headache. Sleep disturbances are also kept in consideration.

For Migraine prophylaxis most commonly used drugs like Flunarizine, Propanolol, Amitriptyline. In case of acute pain Triptans like Sumatriptan, Rizatripans are used. In case of acute pain not responding to Triptans, we use pain killer NSAIDs like Diclofenac.
You also need to modify your lifestyle. You should sleep at least 8 hours in night, that too daily in a fixed time slot..
Share my opinion with your doctor and get treated. If you have any further query, please feel comfortable to discuss with me.

Stay Healthy