x
86 Physicians Online

Question:

What leads to blood in urine?

I am a 16 year old girl and I have recently discovered blood in my urine. I would like to know why this is happening and should I be worried about it?

Answer:

Blood in the urine could be due to a urinary tract infection , a renal stone, trauma, due to medications or vaginal bleeding which is mixing with the urine and manifesting as blood in urine. This is a concerning symptom which needs attention and thus needs to be evaluated further as to the cause. Please consult your family physician for further testing like a urine analysis.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.