What leads to night sweats?

Patient

Q: My wife is 24,5'5" and about 115 lbs with no known medical problems and is having night sweats constantly. what could cause this?

Doctor

A:   I can understand your concern.There are various cause of night sweats like infections ( TB, pneumonia etc), cancer, leukemias, hormonal imabalance , premature menopause etc.I cannot accurately answer as to what is causing the same in your wife without knowing more about her health and symptoms. It may be best to consult her GP for a thorough physical examination along with a complete blood count and glucose testing. All the best.