Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What may be causing me to have a fever every

What may be causing me to have a fever every

Patient: What may be causing me to have a fever every night and an inflated stomach?

Symptoms: Backpain, fever, inflated stomach, nauseas, hunger, thirst

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Fever that comes every night causing symptoms that you mentioned, could be indicative o f an intestinal infection like typhoid. However, other causes of fever like urinary tract infection, tuberculosis, viral prodromes, etc have to be ruled out.It is recommended that you consult a physician for an examination and tests like blood counts, blood culture, urine routine and microscopy, urine culture and sensitivity, malarial parasite and dengue antigen-antibody tests.Based on the results, the doctor can treat you accordingly with antibiotics. Drink plenty of water and have a bland diet till then.Hope this helped.Regards