Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What medications or other treatments can I investigate?

What medications or other treatments can I investigate?

Patient: Hello I having some symptoms that concern me. I have had a lot of UTIs and I have experienced burning in the past. This time I don’t have that but I am have trouble voiding my bladder, especially in the morning. What is this?



Symptoms: I started with a burning session and then I must admit I did not go to the doctor. These last few days when I walk up I feel that I need to urinate but I only do so in small quanities and only later in the day does the flow increase…



Doctor: HI.Thanks for your query.Noted your history of burning urination but not consulting the Doctor, feeling of urination but occurring in small quantities in the morning which improves on following the day.The most probable reason is you have got urinary tract infection thus causing cystitis and inflammation of the bladder neck causing edema which does not allow to empty bladder in the morning completely.I would advise you the following:First of all, send the sample of urine for tests of routine, microscopy, culture and sensitivity.Ultrasonography of the abdomen for urinary system in particular.Tests of blood routine, sugar, kidney function tests.Consult an Urologist for clinical evaluation, further investigations, and proper management till it is cured.I hope this answers your query, please feel free to ask relevant queries if you need to or if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

Comments / Follow Ups

Patient: Thanks I will do so but do you think that antibotics will help? I have taken antibotics in the past and wonder if that will at least help with symptoms. I will also consult my doctor as well of course. I usually have used amoxcillin 500… What do you think? I am getting worried and that given me anxiety which is only making matters worse.

Doctor: To treat the anxiety, the best way is to get a proper diagnosis and then only proper and ”curative” treatment is possible. Please go ahead ASAP and get cured.


Ask The Doctor
    Ask The Doctor
Dr. Jimmy Obaji M.D.

Dr. Jimmy Obaji M.D.

Dr. Jimmy Obaji completed his residency in Family Medicine at the University of Manitoba. He currently operates a walk-in-clinic in downtown Toronto.

Book Appointment