What might be the case with my daughters knee pain?

Patient

Q: What might be the case with my daughters knee pain? Last week she injured her knee and it seemed to be a kind of pest to her but nothing to terrible. Today she got back to school (today was track and field day) and her knee was swollen, complained that if she bent it it hurt bad, putting pressure on it seemed to not be very bad, and she could not straiten her knee all of the way.

Symptoms:  Knee pain, trouble moving knee, and can't straiten knee all the way.
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Your daughter's knee is swollen and It is likely to be having soft tissue injury with hemaarthrosis ( collection of blood in knee) . Quadriceps exercises are helpful.Analgesic such as ibuprofen help in pain relief. Gradually pain and swelling will reduces. MRI will be helpful in detailed study and further management. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.