What might cause a change in taste? For example, recently

Patient : What might cause a change in taste? For example, recently sweet things have been tasting like pepper, which is confusing.
Symptoms:  Taste changes, difficulty swallowing
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. There are several reasons for a difference in taste. Since a lot of tasting is influenc ed by the nose, a blocked nose or a cold can cause these. Here are a list of causes: Sinus infection Dry mouth Loss of smell Infections Smoking If you have any of these, do rewrite to us with complete details and we will help you. Wishing you good health. Hope this helps you.