x
175 Physicians Online

Question:

What multivitamins should I take during pregnancy?

Is it advisable to take omega 3 capsules or food supplements tablets like Centrum tablets while pregnant. I am 9 weeks gone.

Answer:

Multivitamins make up for any nutritional deficiencies in the mother's diet. While the supplements contain numerous vitamins and minerals, their folic acid, iron, and calcium content are especially important. Folic acid can reduce neural tube defects. Calcium during pregnancy can prevent a new mother from losing her own bone density, as the foetus uses the mineral for bone growth and iron helps both the mother and baby's blood carry oxygen. I would suggest that you take multivitamins that are especially prepared for pregnancy such as Centrum Matrena.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA