Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > What remedies can I use to help fade a scar

What remedies can I use to help fade a scar

Patient: What remedies can I use to help fade a scar on my leg from a dog bite? Preferably remedies that give results fast.

What remedies can I use to ...-1

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.You have to make sure that the scar is completely dry and there is no source of infecti on now. Consult a dermatologist for an opinion on this.YYou can use creams that contain collagen derivatives, vitamin E, silicon gel creams, for local application.The other options include dermabrasion, laser fillings, and scar excisions. For a temporary basis, concealers can be applied to match the skin tone. Avoid picking and removing the scabs with fingers.Hope this helped.Regards