What sholud i do?

Patient: OK i am 38 weeks pregnant, i have had a lot of infections with this pregnancy, including a bacterial infection, strep b, and 2 uti’s, my doctor told me to take this medication called nitrofur-macr 100 mg, due to this being my first and last pregnancy, i always look up the side effects on all meds i take. now i look this med up and it says not to take in your 3rd trimester, i started them, buy once i read this i stopped, what should i do. oh and by the way she told me to take so that i would not get an kidney infection while pregnant.

Doctor: Let me reassure you that Nitrofurantoin is commonly used in pregnancy for the treatment and prophylaxis of urinary tract infections. Since you are almost completing your pregnancy and probably give birth within the next couple of weeks, I would suggest you to consult your ObGyn for a re evaluation with and ultrasound and possibly screening for bacteria present in your urine, you might not need to take it anymore. I wish you the best.