WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT BAD PERIOD CRAMPS?!

Patient : For the 2-3 days of my period, sometimes 4, I experience severe cramps. I don't want to eat much or go anywhere. The days that I have bad cramps, there are "spikes" I guess where the pain intensifies to where I clutch my stomach and don't move much. These "spikes" can last anywhere in the range of 10 minutes to a couple hours. I DO NOT, however, experience vomiting, nausea, or the other related symptoms. It is just cramps. It is summer now, but when I am on my period during the school year, my mom comes to pick me up if I didn't stay home. She doesn't like to do that much, so sometimes I have to go to school with the severe cramps. When that does happen, I can't go to the nurse because nothing she has tried before helped. Not only are the cramps bad, but the bleeding is as well. Mine lasts from 4-7 days, if it lasts 7 It is very light the last few days. The first day is always light, like a warning. The next day or 2 is very heavy most of the time, to where I can't go to school. The day after that is mildly lighter. Then it is bearable the rest of the time. I have tried to use many medications such as ibuprofen. I tried a heating pad, different positions, and everything else I could find on the internet and none of it worked. My mom isn't taking it seriously, and doesn't realize that this is ruining my life. I am scared to go to the doctor because I don't want to go on birth control ( what read about the symptoms online aren't pleasing). I am 14 and started my periods 2 1/2-3 years ago. Also, if it matters, my mom has mentioned that she thought I might be anemic due to my lack of energy...
Symptoms:  Very bad cramps, heavy blood flow, irritable mood.