What should the roof of the mouth look like? Mine

Patient

Q: What should the roof of the mouth look like? Mine has a mixture of pink, white, red and yellow

What should the roof of the...-1
Doctor

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

Thank you for sharing the image. I have seen your roof of the mouth and it looks fine. The pinkish and reddish areas indicate vascularisation, more vascular areas are red while the lesser vascular areas are pink.

It is slightly yellowish on the front, however, that is normal. The whitish part indicates a less vascular area, which is the tissue connecting the uvula. This area has less blood supply, and hence it appears white.

Kindly mention in the follow-up if you have any pain, or any kind of halitosis or foul-smelling breath. I once reassure it looks normal from the image you shared.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,
Regards.