What std could this be?

Patient : My fiance and I have been together nine months. We have kissed but never had sex. We are both in our 30s and have had sex with others in the past (always protected for me, only protected half the time for him) and had decided in our relationship we would wait to have sex with each other when we are married. He recently confessed to me that he cheated on me last month. He will tell me nothing of the girl, just that they're old friends and they had unprotected anal sex with her. I'm now worried because he's had weird red bumps, almost like blisters, on his hands, feet, and thighs for the last two weeks. He says they itch and hurt. He's also been really tired and had a headache and pain in the back of his neck off and on. The rash gave me a bad feeling, like he had an std, and then finding out he's had unprotected anal really made me feel unsure. He hasn't even wanted to be around me while he's broken out. He went to see a dr, but the dr literally spent two minutes with him, looked at the bumps, didn't culture them, and said here use this allergy cream. The cream hasn't helped. The bumps spread. What stds could this be? He has never been std tested in his life and has had some high risk sex before (including sex with a bi-sexual woman who slept around). I have been tested several times in life and have never had sex with him, but he has kissed me in the last month. Any advice is appreciated.
Symptoms:  reddish bumps that almost look like blisters on the tops of hands, tops and bottoms of feet, legs, and a few on the lower thighs. None on genitals. Headache, pain in the back of the neck, fatigue.