What tests required for determination of my fertility?

Patient

Q: Hello i am 28yrs old female. i got married 5 yrs back. i had 2 miscarriage(oct 2009,feb 2010) which my gynae said was missed abortion. then i did KOCH TEST n was given TB medication for 6 months. Now they say i can try concieving.its been almost 4 months since i have been trying but not being able to conceive. i have done almost all tests possible like TORCH,THYROID ETC ETC. I have been advised to take LETOVAL 2.5 MG AND CAVERTA 50 MG. I just want to know what is the most important test to be done in order to know if i will ever have a child. do u suggest any test for my husband?

Doctor

A:   No single test would be sufficient to determine your chances of pregnancy. Besides blood tests and ultrasound examination, other tests may need to be done in order to rule out any anatomical malformation or abnormality like the size, shape, position and linings of the uterus, patency of the fallopian tube (through which the ovum travels after being released from the ovary), any adhesions, fibroid and the condition of the cervix. And those other tests would include hysterosalpingogram (an Xray of the uterus and the fallopian tubes with injection of the dye) and laparoscopy. Semen analysis of your husband would be important for assessing the amount, sperm activity, motility etc. to ensure maximum chances of pregnancy at each time of deposition of the semen.

No single test would be sufficient to determine your chances of pregnancy. Besides blood tests and ultrasound examination, other tests may need to be done in order to rule out any anatomical malformation or abnormality like the size, shape, position and linings of the uterus, patency of the fallopian tube (through which the ovum travels after being released from the ovary), any adhesions, fibroid and the condition of the cervix. And those other tests would include hysterosalpingogram (an Xray of the uterus and the fallopian tubes with injection of the dye) and laparoscopy. Semen analysis of your husband would be important for assessing the amount, sperm activity, motility etc. to ensure maximum chances of pregnancy at each time of deposition of the semen.